Ray's Plumbing & Sewer Service
will always be here to help you with all your Plumbing
needs. We even have some helpful plumbing tips for you to keep in mind, while you're at home. Some may sound silly, but all of our tips are extremely useful. Take a look down below.
- Don't pour liquid grease down the drain. Before washing pots and pans, wipe out congealed grease with a paper towel.
- Once a week fill your sinks with hot water, then let it drain. This is a power flush to help keep the drain free-flowing.
- Tubs and showers should be fitted with a strainer that catches hair and soap chips. Clean the strainer regularly.
- Foul odors occur from a build-up of food debris inside your garbage disposer. To eliminate these odors, place ice cubes and lemon peels in the disposer and run for about 30 seconds, then rinse with cold water.
- To prevent sewer gases from backing up into your home through your basement floor drain, periodically pour a bucket of water down the drain to keep the trap seal full. Sewer smells usually come from drains in your home that do not have traps or traps that have dried up.